|Alias||Hatred 「憎悪 Zōo」|
|“||We were born to protect the people of this country we love!||”|
Fana 「ファナ」 is a rogue mage and a member of the White Night Eye's Third Eye.
Fana is a slim young girl with a serious expression. She has thick, wavy, pink hair that falls just below her shoulders, and large sea-green eyes. In the center of her forehead is a purple, multi-faceted gem that is framed by a red tattoo similar to what other people in her organization bear on their faces. Underneath this gem, she has a third eye.
She wears a high collared, furry black dress beneath the standard light hooded robe of her group.
Though she is outwardly the most quiet of the group, her placid exterior belies an unstable, hateful personality. Seemingly gentle initially, she is extremely quick to declare her hatred toward anyone that upsets her. When angered, she is the most ruthless member of the group and will mercilessly slaughter anyone she has deemed worthy of her hatred. Like the others in her group, she is incredibly devoted to Licht, caring so much for him that she instantly decides she hates anyone who hurts him. She halts her battle to come to his aid when his seal is released while battling Asta.
After becoming an orphan, Fana is chosen to be a participant in the Diamond Kingdom's experiment to enhance their mages' magical power. During this period, Fana meets a fellow participant, Mars, whom she tells that the experiment is performed for a good cause, and they are instructed by Fanzel Kruger.
Throughout the experiment, Fana and Mars form a bond where they promise to explore the world together, once they are free to go outside. However, the last experiment forces every participant to kill each other with a single mage being allowed to leave. They then begin to kill one another, and Fana ultimately attacks Mars as well. Fana's assault forces Mars into a corner as he lands a lethal blow on her, which completely fills him with rage and remorse. To his surprise, as she is about to give out her last breath, Fana reveals her true intention behind her assault. While she heals all of Mars' injuries, Fana asks him to go outside and explore the world for her as well.
After the trial, she revives thanks to her phoenix-like powers. Intrigued, Morris experiments on her, embedding magic stones on her and piecing together her grimoire with Mars'; however, Morris eventually abandons her. Some time later, Licht approaches her and has someone possess her body.
Liar, Vetto, and Fana appear via Spatial Magic after Licht falls to his reflected attack, and she casts Phoenix Feathers Robe on him. He asks for his allies' forgiveness, to which she declares that she hates whoever did this to him. He introduces the trio as the White Night Eye's Third Eye and says that their powers are greater than his. When Finral Roulacase calls their strength a bluff, Fana proves it by attacking Yami Sukehiro with Salamander's Breath. The Third Eye's stream of attacks force Yami to focus on defending his team, and with the captain overwhelmed, the trio attack simultaneously. However, their attacks are countered by the arrival of three captains.
When Nozel Silva decides to attack Licht, Fana counters Nozel's attack and decides to battle him. During the battle Fana is shocked along with everyone else when Asta suddenly lands a blow on Licht. When Licht's mana starts to erupt, Fana along with Liar and Vetto quickly seal Licht's mana. Fana then retreats along with Vetto, Liar, and Valtos.
- Fire Magic: Fana uses this form of magic to generate and manipulate fire that is hot enough to negate Nozel Silva's Mercury Magic.
- Crystal Magic: Fana uses this form of magic to generate and manipulate crystal.
- Spirit Magic: Fana uses this form of magic to summon a spirit that can assist her in battle. Fana uses this magic to summon Salamander, the fire spirit. The fire produced is potent, able to melt mercury and severely damage Yami.
- Immense Magic Power: Described as being loved by mana, Fana has immense reserves of mana, and is stated as having greater battle prowess than her leader Licht. She was also able to fight on par with a Magic Knight Captain despite holding back severely, and is stated to have mana control and reserves that are leagues beyond the Magic Knight Captains of the Clover Kingdom.
- Artificial Dual Mana Elemental Affinity: Fana possesses mana with an affinity to more than one element, which are fire and crystal. Through these affinities, Fana is able to use spells from both fire magic and crystal magic concurrently. She gains this dual affinity after the Diamond Kingdom's researchers patched her grimoire with Mars' grimoire, which has crystal affinity.
- Grimoire: Fana possesses a grimoire that she uses to activate her spells.
- "We were born to protect the people of this country we love!" 「私達はこの国の好きな人達を守る為に生まれて来たんだよ! Watashitachi wa kono kuni no sukina hitotachi o mamoru tame ni umarete kitandayo!」
- "I'll burn you to a crisp with the flames of my hatred!!" 「私の憎悪の炎で燼滅しろ!! Watashi no zōo no honō de jinmetsu shiro!!」
- Fana means "light" in Amharic and its meaning in Tigrinya is close to "flame" or "torch."