Curtis Warren is a middle-aged man. He is seen wearing clothing of a solider.
At the Royal Knights Selection Exam, Curtis is teamed up with Rick Cornell and Forte Gris, and in the first match of the tournament, they are pitted against Team B: Zax Lugner, Asta, and Mimosa Vermilion.
Set up on the cliff's edge, Curtis launches Forte's Burst Javelins from his Strong Bow, while Rick hides in the forest and supplies the opponents' coordinates. They successfully hit Team B's crystal multiple times. Team A prepares to finish off their opponents with another barrage of attacks, but Asta, guided by Mimosa's sensing, defends the crystal with his Demon-Dweller Sword. Curtis continues launching javelins as Asta and Mimosa make their way across the battlefield. When they get close, Team B takes cover in the ruins and Mimosa tries to blast away Curtis and Forte, but Curtis defends with Rock Fortress.
Behind cover, Curtis and Forte discuss how to handle Asta and his Anti Magic, and decide to split up and look like they are both carrying the crystal. However, Mimosa's sensing is able to see through the ruse, so Asta goes after Curtis, who prepares his strongest spell. At the same time, Forte and Rick have surrounded Mimosa and Asta and are also preparing their strongest spells. After Asta springs a paralyzing trap, Curtis orders his team to release their spells, targeting Mimosa and the crystal.
However, a secondary trap springs and reflects the attacks back at their casters and with greater strength. Curtis is lying on the ground having managed to survive and protect Team A's crystal, but both he and the crystal are still heavily damaged. As "Zax" steps on Curtis on his way to destroy the crystal, Curtis yells at the rogue, who points out that Curtis still lost to him and is unable to adapt to new magic. "Zax" turns to walk away, claiming he has another goal, but then destroys the crystal anyways, much to Curtis' shock and confusion.
- Enhanced Durability: Curtis is remarkably resilient, as shown when he survives an enhanced version of his strongest spell and still manages to protect his crystal from destruction.
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 114 (p. 3).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 113 (p. 12).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 113 (p. 10-12).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 113 (p. 14-17).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 114 (p. 3-5).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 114 (p. 7-10).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 114 (p. 11-14).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 114 (p. 16-17).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 115 (p. 1-6).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 115 (p. 8-12).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 113 (p. 16).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 114 (p. 14).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Black Clover Manga — Chapter 115 (p. 8).