Black Clover: Quartet Knights 「ブラッククローバー カルテットナイツ Burakku Kurōbā Karutetto Naitsu」 (orig. BC Project) is a third-person magical shooting game based on the Black Clover series. The game's story will be adapted into spin-off manga by Yumiya TASHIRO, starting October 2018 in Shonen Jump+.
Players control characters participating in battles within teams of four. Teams fight head-to-head, competing for completion of an objective. All characters have a set of special and unique skills available to them. Every character is classified in one of four types, with each type determining their general strengths and weaknesses:
- The Fighter 「ファイター Faitā」 attacks aggressively using powerful close-ranged magic and melee attacks in battles. They are the only type that can use melee.
- The Shooter 「シューター Shūtā」 is efficient at long distance, dealing high amounts of damage and utilizing magic with a variety of different offensive capabilities.
- The Support 「スポート Supōto」 is able to improve their teammates' performance by boosting parameters of their abilities, sabotaging the other team, or using defense-based magic.
- The Healer 「ヒーラー Hīrā」 helps the team with healing magic, restoring health to their teammates and even resurrecting fallen allies.
Character selection menus offer alternative color schemes and outfits, and there is an option to customize characters' appearances and abilities.
There will be multiple modes players can participate in:
- Zone Control: teams of four players race to hold control of the target area. They will be able to fill a gauge by standing within the ring. Having more team members in the ring will increase the gauge fill rate; however, it will risk vulnerability to a full barrage from the opposing team.
- Treasure Hunt: teams of four players race to pick up a key and carry it to the treasure chest. Taking a key gives 1 point, killing the key holder or successfully defending the treasure chest also gives 1 point. Successfully opening the treasure chest gives 2 points. The first team who reaches 5 points wins.
- Crystal Carry: teams of four players race to hold control of the target area and fill a gauge. Filling the gauge spawns a crystal and players escort the crystal along a path before the timer runs out. If they reach the final location, they win, but if the time runs out, the crystal resets and the other team can try to push the crystal further to win.
- Challenge Mode: player takes on missions with each character and needs to do certain amount of hits with each of their 5 skills. Completing missions will unlock titles.
- Story Mode: an original game storyline, Karna Freese seeks revenge on the Clover Kingdom and takes control of several Magic Knights. The story is split into chapters: 10 follow Asta's perspective and 8 follow Yami's perspective. Completing the main story unlocks Young Yami and Karna as playable characters and 2 extra chapters that follow Charmy & Gauche.
- Training Mode: players can train and practice how to play. They will be able to understand the game mechanics and train for real battles. Choosing the Mock Battles in training, players can train against CPU opponents in the Zone Control, Treasure Hunt and Crystal Carry modes.
- Alliance Battle:
- Gallery Mode: players can position and pose characters against various backgrounds and effects.
Packets of downloadable content are available with purchases of season passes.
- Available from pre-order, Black Asta 「ブラックアスタ Burakku Asuta」 is an alternate outfit for Asta.
- Released September 13, the Summer Costume Set 「夏のコスチュームセット Natsu no Kosuchūmu Setto」 contains alternate swimsuit outfits for Yami, Noelle, Mimosa, Vanessa, and Charmy.
- Released November 6, it includes Charlotte Roselei and a kimono-style costume 「和服風衣装」 for Yami.
- Additional DLC characters will be available at some point for the season pass owners: Julius Novachrono and one chosen by the fans, from among Finral, William, Mereoleona, Fuegoleon, Leopold, Nozel, Sally, Jack, Lily, Rill, Grey, and Ladros.